Wednesday, May 30, 2012

 11:56 AM   Anonymous   ,    2 comments
Assalamualaikumwarahmatullahiwabarakatuh. Alhamdulillah Ya Rabbul Izzati for giving me the chance to sit here again in front of this blue laptop to again write something for the ummah, for reminding myself, but this time, it may be kind of personal.

Alhamdulillah, yesterday, I safely arrive home after a tiring journey from STAR, Ipoh after attending the 39th HKSBP this year around. Not as a participant, but as a mere trainer. I tagged along with the MOZAC's Debaters to Ipoh in order to assist them. Truthfully, I wasn't really much of a help. My duty or at least what I can provide them was to make sure the 'kids' were well organized and well prepared. *and irritates them as much as possible. Haha :)



Like always, another edition end. The two best schools went into the finals. And MOZAC team wasn't really bad this year. We put up a really good fight and claim the second place in the group. Tough we didn't make it to the octo, I'm sure the kids learn a lot and carve another sweet memory in their life chapter.

I used to think that debate is about winning, about outwitting your opponent and about making sure you earn respect for the badge your are wearing on your blazer. Since the first time I participated in the competition, I dream big. I wish to bring the Prime Minister Cup home. But the dream never came true. The closest was in 2007. After graduating from MOZAC, I made a lot of reflection on my days there. I realize I didn't dream good enough. The dream was not complete. This dream is not about me claiming the trophy and bringing it home as champions. It has to be bigger, it has to be even more epic than I can imagine.

Debate is never about winning the argument. It is never about boosting your ego. Debate will teach you the opposite. When you argue, you learn to stay humble even if you know you have the correct points and facts. You learn to accept others' opinions but to stay firm in your principle at the same time.  And the benefits will go on.... Debate changed me. This wimpy kid from sub urban area, who barely can speak english was given the chance to prove his worth.

Attending the HKSBP this time around, made me realize every moments that I used to cherish before. The quarrel, the laughter, the silent tears and the smile that you earn through debate is the real trophy. You develop yourself to be a better person and reliving the principle of "respecting others is our long life practise".

In many years to come, I wish I could be there to witness the new debate 'babies' striving for the great name that we all hold on to, MOZAC. And insyaAllah the year will come when we can bring the trophy home. Till then, be proud of your emblem and honour your name you bear on your heart.




The team may change every year, but the dream will always be the same. Dream big, work hard and pray even harder to make it a reality :)


Wassalam...      

2 comments:

Amar El Hilmi said...

nice

Jananieswary Kalisvaran said...

awww... thanks babysitter :P "babies" of debate > seriously?? haha..anyways thank you for all you assistance, time and effort :)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Twitter

Be Likeable!

Fami-Liar's Posts

get this widget here

Writers of Life

Pages

Solat Time

Powered by Blogger.

Petikan Al-Quran

Blog Archive

Popular Posts